BMW’s Ultimate Driving Experience, offering dynamic behind-the-wheel driving programs with over 80 BMW vehicles, launches June 14 in Boston, Massachusetts.
BMW is launching the Ultimate Driving Experience, a nationwide tour that will offer dynamic behind-the-wheel driving programs through eight events in seven markets. A popular component of the Ultimate Driving Experience will be the Teen Driving School, which is an extension of the BMW Teen Driving School curriculum taught at the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
The first Ultimate Driving Experience kicks-off June 14 in Boston. The Experience will consist of nine- to eleven-day events across the U.S. Here is the schedule:
• Boston, Massachusetts at Gillette Stadium – June 14–22
• New York/New Jersey at MetLife Stadium - July 13–20
• Chicago, Illinois at Arlington International Racecourse - July 26–August 3)
• San Francisco, California at Alameda Point - August 16–24
• Los Angeles, California at Santa Anita Racecourse - September 6–21)
• New York/Long Island at Citi Field - October 4–12
• Miami, Florida at Hialeah Park – October 25–November 2
• Houston, Texas at NRG Park - November 9–17
The Teen Driving School is a fully interactive, four-hour teen driving course, offered at no cost, and featuring the BMW X3 and 3 Series. The Teen Driving School will focus on improving driving skills and increasing road awareness through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities, and hands-on driving exercises. A main focus during the Teen Driving School will be creating awareness about the consequences of texting while driving and how it affects not only teens, but everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers under the age of 21 with a valid learner's permit or driver’s license can register for the school.
“The Ultimate Driving Experience is grounded in BMW’s passion for providing driving enthusiasts with the opportunity to get behind the wheel,” said Trudy Hardy, Vice President, Marketing, BMW of North America. “Incorporating the Teen Driving School into the Experience is an important component of BMW’s continued effort to teach safe driving practices and to educate teens about the dangers of texting and driving.”
The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature over 80 BMW vehicles, from BMW i to BMW M. Attendees will have access to a truly immersive experience including:
• Self-guided, hands-on demos of the BMW 335i Sedan and X5 xDrive50i that at most stops include Hill Descent Control, which is a BMW electronic function that allows for safe descent and proper vehicle balance on uneven surfaces.
• Skid Pad, showcasing vehicle control on wet surfaces.
• Street Drives that allow for 30-minute test drives per vehicle of a range of BMW vehicles including the BMW 2 Series, 4 Series, 6 Series, and the all-electric BMW i3.
• Autocross, a two-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 2 Series and 5 Series that pairs attendees with BMW’s Professional Driving. Instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding hot lap.
• Car Control Clinic, a full-day driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of a powerful M3 or all-new M235i for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified Professional Drivers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance while learning advanced driving theory. The Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $650.
Additionally, The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature a main pavilion with interactive displays.
Harman Kardon, a partner with BMW for over 30 years in providing customized sound systems and innovative technologies for BMW vehicles including the 1 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, X1, and X5, is partnering with The Ultimate Driving Experience to create a virtual classroom experience onsite with the Harman Kardon Theater.
For more information and to register for The BMW Ultimate Driving Experience visit: http://www.bmwusa.com/ude or call 800-558-4BMW (4269). Location and dates subject to change. Follow BMW of North America on Twitter @BMWUSA and Like BMWUSA on Facebook. Hashtag #DrivingIsBelieving.