Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW group meeting

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Autohaus, Apr 29, 2008.

Autohaus guest

Yup, that was me, my fiance (getting married in 2 months, and we have been together for 4 years, so I call her my wife anyway.....) and my son who was acting up at times :). Silver 325xi is the one. I wasn't sure if that was you either, but hey, other events are coming up so we could meet. It was a very hot day. One of my favorites was the 92 535i and the 95 euro M5. The green shirt I got for helping out with judging will be buried with me. The drive to the museum was a blast. It was the first time that I drove around the area. The white 850ci was HOT. I was looking in the Half Moon newsletter and they are going back to the museum on Saturday June 28th. This time I will bring the 525i. It will be a German car show, so you should come up for that one too. What roads did you take yesterday (NY State Thruway)? We went to the dinner and got 3rd place in the clean car category. We got home at 11pm last night..ZZZzzzzzZZZZ. There is an other event closer to me (5 miles away) over in Fishkill NY. That should be an easier drive for you that will be Sunday July 27th. Drive and Dine to the Maya Cafe. I am trying to get people with bimmers around here to go their so we can have a BMW get together before the meal (not sure if its lunch or dinner).

TeamStowell We love driving!

Thanks for coming to the event gentlemen! If was a really nice day with some great company, and we enjoyed speaking with everyone. Anyone is free to join in most of the Patroon Chapter fun even if they don't belong to the CCA. There are a lot of enthusiests out there who may not want to commit a great deal of time and money, and we certainly understand that. We do get a lot of folks joining us as a secondary chapter due to the large amount of social car related oportunities we present during the year.

A special thanks to you Chris, for assisting us with judging in one of the most tightly scored classes! We were glad you and your family could be part of our event, and look forward to our next chance to spend some time together.

az3579

I really liked that car seat behind your car. Nice touch for the 3rd place prize. lol
    That green Euro M5 was actually my favorite. I don't know what it was, but something just caught my imagination with that car.

I have photos of nearly all of the cars there. If anyone wants me to upload them, let me know and I'll put em' online and post a link for all to see.

By the way, it was quite a stretch to get there. It's over 2.5 hours of driving for me. I'm not entirely sure of the roads I took as I was following the lead of my GPS, which has a sexy voice (I call her Shiela). I would check the route I took but just yesterday my car got broken into and it was stolen, so no luck there. Hopefully I'll have another one by the time the next event comes around. I dare not enter New York without some form of live direction. ;)

Autohaus guest

Sorry that it was stolen :(. Last Christmas someone broke into my next door neighbor's car and stole his GPS. &*%$#^&*^% crooks! Anyway, we left around 5:50 in the morning and arrived at 7:30 at the dealership. Very long day but well worth it. Just go ahead and post the pics. I bet members from all over would like to see.......

az3579

Here are the pictures from the event (2008-06-07):

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/az3579/Events/2008-06-06 - Concours/

There are quite a few pages, so click View All at the bottom right to make it easier. I took pictures of pretty much 95% of the cars there.

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT - There are pictures of... *gasp*.. NON-BMW's IN THERE AS WELL!!! DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO VIEW "OTHER MAKES"!!!

(specifically a Subaru WRX STI, a Jaguar XF, and a Cobra)

Autohaus guest

Its asking for a password......?

az3579

That's strange. No password was set; I'll tinker around with it and let you know what it's ok to view.

az3579

TeamStowell We love driving!

Nice pics! Thank you for posting them so quickly!!

az3579

No problem. Sorry for the quality; all pics were taken with flash off (wasn't necessary) but as a result produces quite a lot of noise. I could only allow myself a standard digital camera and no SLR, but it does the job sufficiently.

Next time there's an event and you don't feel like taking pics but have an SLR, let me know (show me how to use it - lol) and I'll take pics for ya. Not very good at it but practice makes perfect. ;)