Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW group meeting

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Autohaus, Apr 29, 2008.

Autohaus guest

I would like to see if any BMW drivers out there would like to meet up on a Sunday within the Tri-State area. Any BMW/Mini are welcomed. If you guys are supportive of this, we can make this happen. I am located in the Hudson Valley, NY area. Willing to travel!! Anyone...........?

az3579

I'm in Bridgeport, CT... I guess I might be able to make it, assuming the timing belt swap goes OK. Price of gas would suck though; finally hit over $4/gal here for 93 octane.

Hopefully all goes well and I'd be able to make it.

Autohaus guest

Good, we need more people though. Price of gas will probably hit around $5/gallon by fall/winter time. Any more out there.........?

az3579

We're still better off than Europe... frickin $8+/gallon.
    I've literally had to reprogram my brain to drive slooooooooooooower to get better mileage.

Something I previously thought impossible.

chll69 guest

i would meet up but to long of a drive for me. and those gas prices are startin to hurt. i cruise control everywhere now. get about 22 in the city with my 540 tho. pretty nice! wish i could come! hope you guys get more ppl.

Autohaus guest

Where are you located chll69?

chll69 guest

MD, new york about a four hour drive. With gas and tolls tho it adds up.

Autohaus guest

It sure does add up! I miss the days of 93 octane for $1.35/gallon.......I might go to the Bavarian Autosport show and shine. Hope to see you guys there.......

TeamStowell We love driving!

Our chapter heads over to Show and Shine every year and would love to have you hang with us at our enclave.

Also, keep an eye on PatroonBMW.org for chapter events in the Albany area. Our Concours is coming up in a month, and would love to see some of the vehicles from the lower Hudson Valley. There are usually a half dozen cars from NYC that attend (and sweep the Tuner trophies!) Can't beat the $10 entry fee and a great $20 awards dinner that follows.

Autohaus guest

I will be there June 7th. I might bring up the E39 and the E46 for the "clean car" trophy. Or maybe I shouldn't clean any of them from now until after June 7th. Dirty Dog Award seems pretty cool, but the thought of having black wheels, trashy interior, this and that will make me want to pass out......

kooljazz guest

I also live in the Hudson valley area and own an E39 with some modifications. I would gladly go to an event like this regardless of gas prices.

Autohaus guest

You should come up to the NY Chapter Show and Shine this Saturday. I will be assisting in judging, thanks to Scott Stowell. I though about bringing up both the 525i and the 325xi, but I will only bring up the 325xi. Hope too see you all there!

az3579

What time is it? What's the exact location?

I need to figure out if I'll be able to afford going; got $50 to last me for another week. lol

Autohaus guest

Just right outside of Albany, NY. I will arrive around 8am. $10 entry fee.....Borrow $$$ from your parents! :)

az3579

I don't borrow money from anybody. It's just something I don't do.
    I might just go to keep myself sane, even if that $50 is going to all be used on gas. lol

az3579

I forgot to ask; the exact location? I can't just drive to an area just outside of Albany and expect to see where it is. ;)

Autohaus guest

1111 Troy Schenectady Rd
    Latham, NY 12110
    Just mapquest it. For me it will be about 105 miles. I am gonna leave around 6am......

Autohaus guest

If any of you guys are coming tomorrow for this event, I will have a lil' portable vacuum to share...az3579, hope you can make it....

az3579

Yeah. I figured my last $100 would be worth spending on my last ounce of sanity. :)

Are you en route to to the location or are you in a different direction (from CT)? If you were en route I might just drop by and we can convoy. lol

It is pretty far from me though; 142 miles from Bridgeport, CT. :eek:
    Hopefully my GPS doesn't get me lost like it usually does...

We can just float around, right? My car is in no shape to be competing in any visual competition so I'd rather gawk at other cars instead...

Is being a chapter member required? I'm in the CVC chapter...

az3579

The event today was great. Had a blast. I arrived, expecting it to get boring after an hour or two but instead met a ton of great people and learned a lot. I'm seriously thinking about joining the Patroon Chapter as an additional membership so I could come to more of your events. :D

I think I saw you Chris but I wasn't sure that was you... were you in the green shirt with your wife/child with you? Silver 325ix/black interior?