Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

z4M-R/C VIN numbers/ Total production?

Discussion in 'E85/E86 Z4 M roadster/coupe (2006-2008)' started by 330indy1, May 1, 2009.

330indy1

Did one of you guys post the total production range of z4M/C models / VINs at one time?
    or was that at Roadfly?

Could you please repost here?

thanks!!

epbrown01

330indy1

cool! thanks!!
    hey did you guys weigh in on the 'survey' for M motor mount bolts/failures/ vs. production date?
    see this thread: zpost forum

s7v7n guest

So i think I am reading this spreadsheet correctly.
    Between 06-08 there were only 1814 M coupes ever made for the US?
    Is this correct? If it is true I just realized why it has been so hard for me to find the perfect one that hasn't been on salted roads.

epbrown01

That's about right.

bcweir

Sounds about right.

A key thing to keep in mind regarding such a low production number is that the Z4 E86 Coupe/M-Coupe had an extremely short production run, as it was released after the middle of the E85 first-generation Z4's lifecycle before the current second-generation Z4 model was released.

Indeed, according to realoem.com, the initial 2005 models were only produced for a single month in October 2005! Starting with the November 2005 production run, those were 2006 models.

The first-generation Z4 coupes were definitely not high volume sellers.

s7v7n guest

Finally found mine....

Thanks for all of your information, The drive is better than could have been imagined. I am head over heals in love.:D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Loving the Z4 M coupe

It's not hard to understand! I am convinced the Z4 coupe platform is the best-handling chassis BMW ever put together.

The best part is that they were languishing in the showrooms (as were the Z4 M roadsters); with a buyers' market, you could get, like, $20,000 off the MSRP! Even after tax, license, and registration fees, the total on my CPO roadster---it had never been sold, but they CPOed it anyway, just to sweeten the deal---was under Forty Large.

And the coupes were harder to peddle than the roadsters! I'd bet there's more than one happy coupe owner who got it for mid-thirties money.

shipkiller

I picked up my 2008 MC in Feb. Manufactured in March of 2008, placed in service in May of 2008. When I bought it in Feb of 2010 it only had 4100 miles on it. Initial asking price was $42K. We settled and the deal was done for mid $34K.

Not bad for a car with only 4k miles.

I did have to fly to TX to drive it home. :D

330indy1

now..... just don't let a dumba$$ in an SUV rear end / run over you!! :eek:

congrats! :)

jmillet

Jonna

Took delivery of my "new" 2008 M coupe on 2/21. 1 of 2 of all Z4 M cars produced in this color combo: Space Gray w/ Light Sepang Bronze Ext. interior. Love it, love it, love it! Poor '03 M3 is getting neglected.
    Thanks to you guys that pointed me to the production info! Very informative.
    JCsMCoupe-3.JPG

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Hey! Is that a TEXAS ROAD MONKEY sticker?! We'll see you at Mid-Ohio!

330indy1