Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Z4M HD Radio??

Discussion in 'E85/E86 Z4 M roadster/coupe (2006-2008)' started by Skikodiak, Sep 21, 2008.

Skikodiak

Okay, I'm in the learning mode here. I have a 2007 Z4M brochure that doesn't even mention the HD radio. I looked at a 2007 with the HD radio. The 2008 brochure does mention it with a picture. Questions: Can you have the HD radio with NAV? What is the upgrade path to HD radio if you don't have it? Since the people that list these cars don't seem to have a clue how few options they have (most everything is standard) they list all the standard things as options. Is there a way from pictures to tell if it's got an HD radio. Thanks, Mike

330indy1

sometimes the radios/features/options are in a separate manual. that's how my 2006 is. Actually I got the Z4 manual with additional M-specific manuals...

Skikodiak

Did any of the 2006's come with the HD radio or was that available only starting in 07? Has anyone upgraded to a HD radio? Any reviews on the DICE system? Thanks, Mike

David1

HD radio did not become available until halfway through the 07 model year as an option. I have it on my 335 and it is a pain in the ass to use but sounds great. If you are not in a big city, don't wast your money since the range of HD signals from the tower is only 20 to 30 miles on level terrain. Now the HD is standard with iDrive for 09, but if will do sat radio next time.