Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Your Favorite? Quick Poll

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by jlwsbw, Jan 5, 2010.

jlwsbw

M3, what griot's products do you use?

M3Driver guest

The Leather Care, Leather Care Spray, Speed Shine, Rubber Cleaner, Vinyl/Rubber protectant (very low gloss is why I like it), Engine Bay Dressing, and Interior Cleaner. I received some Spray-On Car Wash and some Wheel-Bay Dressing but haven't tried those yet. Some of the above I buy by the gallon.

I am partial to Meguiars NXT wax/polish but have tried a few Griott's polishes/waxes (just personal preference I guess). I do use the Meguiars Interior Detailer (great stuff).

Richard Griott is very supportive of BMW Car Club activities (indeed he has some very nice (and some rare) BMW's himself) and is really a heck of a nice guy if you have ever met him. I have no problem paying the prices he charges. If you use their products per their instructions they last a very long time. Example: the Vinyl/Rubber Protectant lasted about 3 years before I had buy more. My wife uses the leather spray on our furniture too.

After using various car care products for nearly 30-odd years of driving from the very first Armor-All I saw advertised in the "New Stuff" section of HOT ROD Magazine, and Turtle Wax Hard Shell polish, I have tried many things through the years but keep coming back to the Griott's products as a whole.

Standard Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Griott's in any way other than as a consumer.

Cheers....

wretched

Have you tried the Spray on Wax yet M3? I use that in the garage after a good wash during the winter. I hope its helping! I couldn't agree more with you about the interior cleaner, leaves a no gloss clean look. The rubber protectant/cleaner goes on my tires and cleans with a very low gloss to them, I love that stuff! Do you use it on your door and trunk seals?

So basically everyone being a individual like individual products from the main sources. These threads always seem to end up that way! Ever tried a exhaust thread preference? Same thing!

I find it baffling that no one has mentioned using turtle wax and armor all exclusively!
    JUST KIDDING no flamming please! :D:eek:

jlwsbw

Whats got me baffled and making it tough for me to make a decision on what to order is that Zymol is all natural ingredients while Griot's is not (synthetic), and Zymol is selling different levels of product for my different cars based on their paint finish, ie, 2000 toyota 4runner versus my new audi and bmw.

M3Driver guest

Actually I do have a bottle of the Express Wax (forgot about that). Yes it works really good. The Protectant does a great job on rubber seals as well. As far as tires go, I use this. Makes the tires look new, not shiny/greasy and lasts a good long while through rains and such:

http://www.blackmagicshine.com/products.aspx/40/black-magic-titanium-matte-tire-finish

Armor-All was THE stuff back in the day (mid to early seventies and such). No one else had anything like that. I remember the first time I used it on my '73 GTO interior. Up till then the stuff most people used that I remember was baby oil. Now there are tons of like products and Armor All is just one of many.....

wretched

Groit's does advertise some of there products as bio-degradable. Can't be that bad? I have seen the Zymol Creme and Carbon waxes and am very tempted to try the Carbon...

Matte finish Black Magic eh... I have a bottle of the original that I use on the kids slide to make really slippery!!!! It's like greased lighting! Play clothes must be worn.

jlwsbw

I am sure they are perfectly good and not bad at all. I happen to be a little bit into the whole natural thing and like the fact that zymol advertises their products so I know exactly what is in them. The carbon kit was recommended by the rep i spoke with for my vehicle.

M3Driver guest

Nope much different stuff. I know the goop you are talking about. This new stuff is the opposite end of the syrup you're thinking of.....

jlwsbw

I placed a nice size order with Griot's last night. Their products seemed to be the better fit for the not so serious, but serious, home user. Thanks again everyone for all of your help and opinions, this is a very useful forum!

386530 guest

Griots

I purchased a very large selection of the Griots (Master Car Kit Collection w/o bucket) and had it shipped to Germany for my new BMW. I have not yet had a chance to try all of the products. The weather hit harder and faster than I expected and I had to ship the vehicle home before I got the chance to test everything.

One concern that I need to check is the prohibition by BMW of using silicon based products on their rubber seals (per the owners manual).

So I will have to check with Griots when I get home. They are relatively close by - and they do give Saturday clinics, so that is a plus.

The rubber cleaner for tires. The speed shine for a quick 'rinse'. I am going to try the clay bar on the 5 year old (car). I used the BMW leather care. I used the interior cleaner and window cleaner. No waxes yet.

I also shipped the products home, so I hope to be reunited soon - and provide better input.

jlwsbw

Anyone know the effects of Griot's cleaning supplies on Venture Shield?

dannynichols guest

As you can see I am new to BMW CCA, but I use a Flex about once a year, and use Wolfgang producds. All seem to work well. Their Fuzion Estate wax, expensive, but works great.