Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Whats best way to sell my M??

Discussion in 'E36/8 Z3 M coupe (1998-2003)' started by Ramon3141, Mar 17, 2008.

Ramon3141 guest

Good and bad news.
    Bad news my 99 E85 with 20k has to go! :(
    Good NEWS: I hopefully will get enough money to buy my beautiful girlfriend a diamond :D

Actually it really is good news as I love her and want to spend teh rest of my life with her, but really any help on best way to sell a really really cool car like this would be great.

I have two other rigs so I'll still be around
    Ramon

Bill Howard

What a romantic - you choose love over BMWs. If you get the lady a diamond, read up on the dangers of surprise presentations, such as the dolt in London who hid his diamond in a helium balloon and wanted her to prick the balloon and find the surprise inside. But he did this on a blustery day ... didn't hold on to the balloon real well ... and you can guess the rest. See this Reuters story, Honey, Will You Marry Me? ... Oh, Never Mind

The car needs to be in good shape mechanically, of course. But I think the initial presentation matters a lot, meaning the car has to look beautiful when the prospect first sees it. Always washed, always clean inside.

Ramon3141 guest

thanks

romantic maybe,:eek: but I know she'll kill me if I spend a bunch of money on a ring for her, she's accountant! The M has been great and I'll get another, but now I want something else.

The problem is most folks dont see a a really cool mint 99 m roadster as the true gem it is. If you at that place or or if you know about the car you'll love it. How do I reach those folks??:confused:

wan1122 guest

99 M roadster

please send me a e-mail on your vehicle. wanmail@verizon .net

morea3ic guest

Give her the car instead?

Cubic Zirconia? Wedding Band? Well if you insist . . . .

Good places to sell include:

1) Roundel Magazine - (free ads for BMWCCA members - small charge for non-members)

2) BMWCCA Club meet

3) Auto Trader

4) Roadfly

5) dealer (don't laugh - I've actually sold nice cars to dealers for more than bargain hunters were willing to pay - & most dealers just write a check too - no bs)

6) Recycler

7) Penny Saver/ local paper

8) Sign in the window (I've bought cars this way)

Best.

David Wiggins guest

I found the 2001 M Coupe that I just picked up this weekend at a BMWCCA Driver Education event. I was volunteering, and one of the instructors had a for sale sign on the back glass of his car. I've wanted an M Coupe since there were M Coupes to want, and the car was immaculate, and priced well, so I told him "I want your car, I just have to sell my MINI first"

Saturday morning, I sold my MINI. Saturday afternoon, I drove home in my new (to me) M Coupe :)

BMWtoyz guest

Congrats on the "new to you" M Coupe, they are wonderful cars and solid!

Arash2002tii guest

Don't forget about Craigslist. I've bought both the bimmers i currently own from there, and my uncle his two Porsches, and my friend his Miata....well, you get the idea.

ggondek

What's the best way to sell my M??

Wanmail,

I sent you an email re my '98 M roadster because of your reply to this but it came back as undeliverable.

ggondek