Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What did you do to your non-BMW?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by steven s, Apr 9, 2013.

• Staff

steven s

After the leaf blower wouldn't kick over, cleaned the spark plug and replaced the gas.
    Fired right up, albeit with a lot of blue smoke.
    Any mods for it?

Next week, replace the spark plug, filter and oil on the Torro.
    That time of year again.
    And maybe add an ///M badge to it. :)

MGarrison

BMW is missing out on the whole sports-push-mower market segment.

[IMG]

Here's a nitrous-powered lawn mower, they named it Mow-Zilla.

[IMG]
    kgmoodyz3 likes this.

Ken.S.330

I did the full Griot's on the exterior of my son's 2000 Saab 9-3. Clay bar, Machine Polish 3, One Step Sealant.

floydarogers

Picking up my Toyota T100 today. Stupid #1 spark plug backed out and blew out the threads. No easy way to fix for sure, Toyota dealership insists on complete head job (both heads) - $4K - with new head. Now my '95/125K mile $7K T100 is worth $8K.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that Toyotas are cheaper to maintain than BMWs (although this head job is cheaper than an N52/N54).

Terry Sayther

Did you already do the repair? Spark plug thread repair inserts from HeliCoil or TimeSert are readily available. And why both heads?

floydarogers

A helicoil was put in 2 1/2 years ago. It blew out (I have the head) and there was nothing to be done like that. Well, perhaps heli-arcing new material in after cleaning it out and then re-tapping. But the spark plug hole is big enough to take the larger plug threads from older spark plugs... so I don't have much confidence of anything holding.

They're just being picky about removing both heads. Have to admit, if you re-build (or replace) a head on a V-anything, the other side ends up being weak. The cost to do the other head was negligible in the scheme of things.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Cleaned the MAF on my 911 after it tripped a check engine light. :(

Satch SoSoCalifortified

My non-BMW? You mean my Saab Sonett?