Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What am I going to do with myself all winter?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by LLKline, Oct 16, 2013.

LLKline

This is strange for me:rolleyes: I am not a blogging type of person but I am fairly new to the BMW CCA and I am a new first time BMW owner! Got hooked in SC at the Performance Driving Center and attended 2 HPDEs with my newly purchased 2003 e46 M3! Well really 1.5 HPDEs as Pocono had heavy fog which killed all of Sunday Oct 6th but I still had a great time. But that was the last for this year and I am pacing the floors tying to figure out how to get my fix until spring rolls around. I love this club and the cars.
    Ugh, I'm a junkie.
    • Staff

steven s

charlson89

Welcome to the club congrats on the M3 very fun car!

LLKline

I have been thinking about karting. There are 2 places I need to look into near me. It seems VA has a place where the BMW club meets but that is far for me so I need to wrangle up some people to go somewhere local. I know my chapter had an event last year so I have some investigating to do as once will not suffice for the Whole dreadful winter!
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome! If you are in the Philly area, we have a few pretty decent karting places in the area.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! Yes, we, too, dread the coming of winter, when we have our last autocross in December—

Oh, wait: You're not in San Diego, are you?

LLKline

LLKline

Will definitely look into karting in the Philly area. Hope to see some members and shake off the winter blahs.

The Delval chapter does a couple karting events during the "off season" Lately, we have been going to Speed Raceway in Horsham, where you will find a large banner promoting the BMWCCA. Very nice new indoor electric karting!

floydarogers

Aren't there some winter driving schools you could go to?

We don't get enough snow and frozen conditions here for that. Just cold and rainy, with the odd ice and snow that does not stay for too long.