Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

WANTED: 325es 325is

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by bmwdriver99, May 17, 2010.

bmwdriver99 guest

Looking to add another toy to my garage...the 88 convertible definetely cant take this abuse.
    I prefer the facelifted E30 91-92 ..but I am looking mainly for another E30 to eventually track.
    It needs to be a manual trans, if you have something in hand E30...5 speed and it runs and looks at least decent? and you're looking to sell or you know of something let me know.
    Thanks

bcweir

Try looking for a 325es if you're going to "track" it.

The E30 325is isn't really a separate model, but was an option package, and it was a highly coveted one at that. It's second only to the E30 M3 in terms of rarity, exclusivity, and power. If you find one that's not thrashed within an inch of its life (with 168 hp on board, it's kind of hard not to, and it wasn't far behind the M3 in terms of power), be prepared to pay collector car prices for it. However, you could simply purchase a E30 325i. It made the same power as the 325is, but lacked the extra frills on the is, such as the sport steering wheel, the unique front spoiler, sport seats, etc. As a result of this and the fact it was made in greater numbers, these were not as "special" or rare as the 325is cars.

On the other hand, the 325e and 325es were made in signficantly greater numbers, and you may find that its pokier 2.7L "e" engine has significant power potential, despite only putting out around 120 hp. The 2.7 L had a longer stroke than the 2.5 L, with a more restrictive head, four cam bearings instead of seven (less internal friction), and softer valve springs. You might be able to get a special deal on these.

I should also point out that nearly all of the juicy 's' bits are available separately on Ebay and other sources. No need to pay the collector "premium" on these for a car already equipped with them. Especially on a car that's going to the track anyway.

Zdaneman

bcweir

Mate I may have just what your looking for ? Give me a call if your interested this evening.

703-455-0309 I'm in VA.

88 325is, Daily driver, with over 30k invested (don't ask) looking for 4.5K or best offer.

Zdaneman sends