Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Volunteering

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2010' started by Wanderlustbob, Mar 16, 2010.

Wanderlustbob guest

I am not sure where I saw a mention on it but either in the Roundel or somewhere I spotted that a person can volunteer to help with things at O-Fest.

Since last year was my first time I can not say I can guess what different levels one could volunteer.

Can someone give some specific examples of what one might do? What would be the responsibilities? How small/big a time commitment would be of value?

I know that the local chapters take on a lot of the responsibilities but are there a lot of folks from other chapters that also volunteer?
    • Staff

steven s

I always enjoyed volunteering before becoming staff.

Two areas that often need help are gymkhana and the TSD Rally.
    I don't know what is in store for the gymkhana this year, but the rally always need help at checkpoints. Typically you would be paired with someone with experience at working a checkpoint. The duties are recording car numbers and times as they pass a checkpoint.

There is a place on the registration form to check what you events you would like to help with. We will forward that list to the event chair.