Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Very Rare Glas Bmw Found!

Discussion in 'E3 "New 6", 2500, 2800, Bavaria 3.0S & 3.0Si (1968' started by BoostedE21, Jun 13, 2008.

Bimmerdan

I was actually surprised how complete the car was. As far as I could tell, every piece of glass, trim, badging and bright work are there. The bumpers on it are perfect and shine like new! All the gauges and the seat frames are there, the headlights and fog lights don't have a scratch on them. Other than upholstery and rust repair, the only bits that would need to be sourced would be the taillights and rubber seals.

What a great way to spend a lunch hour!! And what a great peice of BMW history!

I had no idea those cars had inboard brakes!?
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

I live in VA, so a little out of my way to come get it. I don't do body work, and this one is a little caved in at the back, so I would be hosed on that. I think I'd rather have a black 501 with a big 6 or V8 and red interior.

CRKrieger

Well, it must be a Glas VIN. That number turns up as a 1976 Euro R75/7 (BMW motorcycle) at RealOEM.com.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

CR, you of all people should know that early VINs rarely work in the ETK or many other databases. Hell, my insurance company thought my old coupe was a motorcycle. It took a bit for me to get them to believe me. Then they thought my 77 Goldwing was a car.

CRKrieger

Actually, it works just fine for my bike (6088534) as well as for my old 2002 (4227915). It's just that the Glas number happens to match a BMW-issued number, so the logical conclusion is that it was a Glas number, not a BMW number.