Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Valentine-One Stealth Display install

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by n0n0perational, Feb 8, 2011.

n0n0perational guest

I just finished installing my v-1 stealth display in my gauge cluster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-_hnyymt80

It was actually super easy to do, the mpg gauge literally unclips right out of the back of the cluster I should have taken pictures of the install but I was too focused to think about it lol.

Anyway i'm very happy with the result, I added a switch for the mode toggle and mute in front of my shifter next to my hardwired garage door opened
    • Staff

steven s

Pretty clean. I have my remote display in my ashtray so I can cover it when not in use.

esanger

That's a pretty awesome install!

Ohmess Rookie

I too have my display in my ashtray, and for exactly the same reason as Mr. Schlossman.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

But that's where my iPod fits on my DICE Media Bridge!

Pezho405

Thats pretty cool this is what did with mine for the time being, i like seeng the display better on the radar detector itself but i dont want to reach over the dash to mute it all the time so heres how it sists for now. And a little rage demonstration also:

MGarrison

Obviously it works in that position, however, (just fyi in case you may not be aware), optimal positioning for maximum radar detection ability/performance should be as high as possible while still keeping the detector positioned so it has an unobstructed sight-line to the rear - perhaps less critical in-town, but might be worth considering for highway trips. On a different topic, it bears repeating - leaving any electronic items in view (or evidence of same) such as high-end radar detectors or gps units while you're away from your car is risking a break-in. When parking, I always try stash anything completely out of sight, and without being observed (hopefully) by any would-be smash-n-grab thieves. Leaving the passenger compartment clean and empty gives would-be thieves little reason to think there is anything in the car worth stealing.

Pezho405

Oh yeah since that video i have moved the V1 up to the top of the windshield and it REALLY did make a difference with range and especially from the rear. I pass a spot everyday where it bleeps and when i koved it up it started bleeping from farther away.