Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Two comparable E88s which are so different in their delivered driving experiences

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by Kenn, Nov 2, 2013.

Kenn

Pam is my companion and I'm sending this communication on behalf of our continuing concerns with her automobile. To be clear, she and I both have 128i convertibles and she has been displeased with her car since she took possession of it. She enjoyed a test drive in a similar stock vehicle and then placed her order for her car. From the time of delivery she has been displeased with the uncomfortable ride quality, the steering effort required and the transmission which isn't always smooth.
    Recently I took delivery of my vehicle, which by the book has the same drive train, suspension and transmission, but in our opinion it delivers a preferred driving experience. Her's feels as though it is a sport version, which it is not.
    Pam's VIN is WBAUL7C55CVM82008, a 2012 E88
    Kenn's VIN is WBAUL7C59DVU10049, a 2013 E88
    Can manufacturing details be checked to see if the specifications are the same or if there are differences in the drive trains and suspensions. I doubt that it will help Pam to be more pleased with her car but there seems to be distinct differences between the two supposedly comparable vehicles. Neither car has been ordered with sport suspensions. Both are quite standard 128CVs.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

No clue... perhaps the 1 Series forum could be more helpful?

Kenn

Thanks Satch. The dealership is making moves toward a solution. Patrick, a shop foreman at Momentum BMW, has driven both vehicles and recognizes the differences and the vehicle is going into their shop for their attempt to resolve the issues.