Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

To trade or not to trade that is the question

Discussion in 'E63/E64 (2004-2010)' started by bmw645, Mar 24, 2008.

bmw645 guest

I have enjoyed my E63 645ci since March of 2004. My question. Is it a car that would be worth keeping for the long haul or should I trade it in? Looking for opinions.

knightwill

To Trade...

Depends what you want to trade for. If its a Ferrari Enzo, go for it! Seriously, while the 2008 650i with the Sport Package is considerably more potent than the 645, for average driving you scarcely notice any difference. I would go the long haul, unless you have an itch for new wheels. And don't we all?

jschottenfeld

I had the same thoughts about turning in my '05 645cic off lease. I decided to buy mine off of lease. For $40k you can't beat the looks and performance. You have to be the judge if the slight gain in performance is worth ANOTHER $40k on top of the buyout for a new model.

Buy a new set of rims and it will put a smile on your face. Worked for me!

cobradav guest

I'm 70k miles into my '05 so I am in for the long haul. Next 6er will be when BMW drops teh TTV8 into either the E63 or the new chassis, F12.

jschottenfeld

Hey CobraDav good to see you! I always enjoy reading your posts on the Roadfly board. After owning 5 Bimmers over the years I figured it would finally be a good idea to join the CCA. Man is my '98 740il giving me problems. I would love to shoot it, but I enjoy driving it too much!
    Jan

BMW BEAR guest

If you keep it, you might want to think about an extended warrantee. I don't think I would own my BMW's if they didn't have a warrantee.

Grey Coupe

F12/13 coupe for me. From the photos, it looks like it is going to be a step up.