Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

That pesky 'brake light' check light

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by stevehecht, Nov 6, 2008.

• Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

318i M10 cars did not have the panel. I think that 84 325e had it, but can't remember. The S38 has no provision for an oil level sensor in the pan. Not really enough room.
    If you add a resistor, you might be able to fool the check control.

granthr

I am keeping my M3 mostly stock, so I am not going to wire in resistors. I really rather not mess up the wiring! :eek: Although I know it would be easy to do. I had to repair a lot of wiring in my 318i b/c the previous owner had installed a CD changer and after market alarm. I did a lot of soldering.

I would rather check my oil by the dip stick anyway! Proof Positive! :cool:

I have an M3 with the S14 motor. Now the S38 is an awesome motor, Botond you should swap that into your E30! :D

GR

granthr

Now I am quoting myself. Why can BMW make an oil level sensor that works in the 1980s but not now! :confused: I know a lot of folks are having issue with the oil level senor on their new Bimmers and they don't have a dip stick to confirm.

GR

az3579

OK. Find me one that isn't more expensive than an S50. :rolleyes:

stevehecht

Paul, I did the 180 degree thing with the float attachment and it worked like a charm. You the man.