Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Sunroof Closes, Then Reopens

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by 373214, Dec 24, 2008.

373214 guest

The sunroof on my 530 closes when you press the button, but then reverses and reopens. Is there a way that I can manually close it until I can get it serviced? Or is there an easy fix for this problem?

Devilsown guest

I belive there is a manual way to close it but Im not sure where it is, check your owners manual it might be in there. My other cars manual close was a allen key style fitting, and was located up with my dome light, and he other had a blank plug near the motor. I dont have a 530, but I hope I gave you a start.

alotawatts

BIMMIR guest

I'm not sure about your specific model, but there was a reset method on my 3. It had something todo with pressing and holding the sunroof button. I can't remember what position, but I think it was press it in like you were going to use the vent position. Then just hold it for a couple of minutes. If the process works, it will cycle through the various opening and closing of the sun roof positions. In the end it is reset. You may have to try holding it in other positions as well.

BIMMIR guest

Sorry another quick thought...Did you check the tracks of the sunroof and makesure somthing is not jammed in there, or atthe end where it can't quite open or close fully so it triggers a response? Something as light as a leaf or some dirt might do it.