Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Stubborn spark plug wires

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by az3579, Mar 8, 2009.

az3579

Today I decided to check the health of my spark plugs, as it's been a long while since they were replaced. 5 of the 6 spark plug wires come off and go back on easily, but the last wire simply will not click back into place. Every time I push it on, it "unclicks" itself. I don't want to run on only 5 cylinders! How can I get this last wire to go back on the spark plug?

MGarrison

If the cover boot can be slid up the wire, and you have an extra plug (or pull one), you should be able to see directly what the problem is. A plug in hand at least should help - I guess worst case scenario would be something's broken and you'd need a plug wire. Hope not, of course.

az3579

I determined what the problem was. I tried to plug the wire on another spark plug and it went on perfectly. I went out, bought another spark plug, put it in, and the wire went on perfectly.

That was strange, seeing as there wasn't nothing physically wrong with the plug.