Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Sport Package Tires Choices?

Discussion in 'E53 X5 (2000-2006)' started by Jeff Gomon, Oct 29, 2008.

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

My 2005 4.4i has the sport package with the optional staggard 19" wheels. It has brand new Michelin Damaris tires on it as part of the CPO certification process. I have only had the vehicle for two weeks and already other owners are telling me these will wear out quickly. Since it only has 31k miles on it, and a new set of tires, I can only guess these will not last anywhere past that many miles.
    Without starting a tire war here, can anyone, with this same setup, provide any insight on other tire choices they have had good luck with. Having staggard wheels on my M5, I know rotation from side to side and on the rim will help extend the life of the set. The Damaris is a non-directional tire, so it can be swapped side to side without dismounting like I have to do with my PS-2's to extend the life for track use.
    Basically, tire suggestions is what I am looking for. I will be doing NO towing. Thanks in advance.