Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Sirius XM Satellite Radio Frequent Drop Outs

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by MarshallG, Dec 22, 2017.

MarshallG

Last summer I purchased a CPO 2014 F33 -- the 435i Convertible. My problem is that the Sirius XM Satellite radio frequently drops the signal, maybe once every ten or fifteen minutes. This has happened even in clear sky conditions. The drops last about ten seconds and are very bothersome.

I had Sirius send the 'reset' signal, which of course didn't work. I took the car to my dealer, and they installed the latest software, which of course didn't work. I am thinking the antenna has slightly poor connectivity and I'm thinking of removing the trim in the trunk lid to try to access the antenna and check the connection. Because this is a convertible, the antenna is on the trunk lid and not on the roof, but it's the stock HK system and it shouldn't drop out every ten or fifteen minutes.

Has anyone had this problem (and solved it)?

charlson89

Interesting could be a couple things one the radio module that has the SDARs chip in it having a processing error. The other is the antenna in the trunk is having a issue. Since the wiring for that runs through the trunk could have the antenna cable damaged. I have seen all three before, 1st being antenna 2nd radio module. If you have cop I recommend taking it back in and asking for the foreman to look at it with you.