Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Satellite Radio for 2009

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by bergman, Mar 17, 2012.

bergman

I just took delivery on a CPO 2009 328iX Wagon. Equipped with satellite prep and the "Professional" radio. no iDrive. the dealer tells me the satellite receiver is on constrained sales meaning only for warranty so I'm shopping the used market. I've found a long list of replacement receiver part #'s when looking at oemparts.com. along with the part number is a list of several service advisories or "EBA" numbers.
    1. Does anyone have experience with fitting a satellite receiver? Is it likely that multiple part #'s or receivers work equally well with my car?
    2. Can anyone tell me where the receiver gets mounted in the wagon? I know it's the trunk on the sedan. Is it the driver's side compartment in back of the wagon?
    3. Assuming I can install the receiver myself, am I going to be obligated to take the car to the dealer for programming to get the receiver to be recognized?
    Any other suggestions from anyone with experience dealing with a similar scenario?

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Maybe you'd want to consider one of the DICE devices instead. Let's you stream from your smartphone. Completely hidden. Uses existing controls and audio displays to control. Pretty simple DIY install.

Works pretty much everywhere in the megalopolis parts of the country. Sat might still be better if you do a lot of driving in remote heartland locations.

Good luck.

bergman

Good thought Chris, but my car already has AUX in. I live in one of the remotest places (i.e. minimal cell coverage due to regulations and NIMBY's) in the Adirondack Park in NY so...I really want Sirius.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, what's life without Howard Stern?!