Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Roll Call: Private Big Rig Transports

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2013' started by redrsa, Feb 26, 2013.

redrsa

My name is Eric and I have organized a group of Oktoberfest alumni from the Washington DC area that is leasing a private 18-wheeler to transport our cars to Laguna Seca and remain in the paddock as our home base for the duration of the event.

I understand that there are others doing the same and it is critical that we communicate regarding a very important logistical matter where it is very important to be informed and on the same page. Please email me at redrsa<at>hotmail<dot>com and I'll explain.

Thank you!
    • Staff

steven s

So you also know, there is no camping in the paddock.
    We need to be out of the paddock when we are done with the last event of the day.

redrsa

Understood re no camping; no worries. Prefer to be closer to the Bier Garten!

Not everyone is aware of this forum or actively viewing it. If anyone knows of others leasing private big rig transports, please refer them to this thread, thank you!

ralphwarren

If you'd rather rent a car for the driver school, I have 2 cars available for rent at Laguna Seca for Oktoberfest. My rental cars are probably not much more than transporting.

Car 1 is a 2008 BMW 135i. It weighs 3100 lbs with 385 hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque. The car uses 17x9 wheels with 255-40-17 R-Compound tires. This car has been prepared to the H-Sport rules in Club Racing and has 2 seats with matching harnesses. This car should be familiar to those of you who have watched any of the O’fest club races at Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Road America, Barber or Mid-Ohio. The cost of the 135i is $950 per day.

Pics of the 135i are here…
    http://tinyurl.com/aoown64

Car 2 is a 2008 BMW M3. It weighs 3300 lbs with 445 hp and 380 ft/lbs of torque. The car uses 18x10.5 wheels with 275-35-18 R-Compound tires. This car has been prepared to the G-Prepared rules in Club Racing (full aero, big brakes) and has a single driver seat only. This car would be for an instructor or a student that has been signed off (i.e. no passenger). The cost of the E90 M3 is $1250 per day.

Pics of the E90 M3 are here…
    http://tinyurl.com/ahcd3r9

Here are a few hot laps of the E90 M3 at Laguna Seca…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uodEk64SHQI

Here are a few laps of it in challenging conditions at Mid-Ohio…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igzCHfBzgro

Both cars are guaranteed to pass the strict 92db sound limit at Laguna Seca. They are both easy to drive and would have a comfortable feel to anyone familiar with driving BMWs. Both cars are gutted but still retain most factory comfort and ergonomics features (lights, wipers, adjustable seat, adjustable steering wheel, heater box, etc).

Both cars will be delivered to Laguna Seca and are available for any of the 4 driver school days. Cost of the rental includes track support, use of our aluminum stacker trailer and 15'x40' canopy.

If you are interested in more information about renting either of these cars, reach out to me at ralph.warren "at" cox.net

Thank You,
    -Ralph Warren

redrsa

Ralph - Any chance that now you've started another thread to rent your cars that you can remove the ad from this thread? If so, thank you.

I still need to hear from everyone that is bringing in a big rig for the event. There is a MAJOR logistics issue we need to address together. Thank you!
    • Staff

steven s

Corvette has the track until 6:00pm on Tuesday.

There is a bigger logistical problem for us.
    We can not have cars and rigs parking in the paddock Tuesday evening.
    The paddock while be divided for car control, autocross and driving school.
    We can not have people setting up in any of those areas.

Steven,
    We will have our big rig. If we can't leave it in the paddock Tuesday night, will we be able to park rigs in the paved infield parking lot (Lot 4, preferred) or in the dirt lot inside Turn 5 (Lot 3)?
    Will we then be able to leave rigs in the paddock Wed-Sat nights?
    Bill
    • Staff

steven s

No rigs or trailers in the paddock Wed-Fri.
    There isn't as much of an issue on Saturday but we need to wait and see.

I believe trailers can stay in the parking lot behind the SCRAMP office.

We will send an email to everyone where they can park their trailers and rigs.
    I'll ask about turn 5 although that hasn't been offered to us.