Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Restoration for a 73 2002ti - 25 yr old project car

Discussion in '114 type 1600, 2002, 2002ti/tii (1967-1976)' started by jscygnet, Mar 15, 2011.

jscygnet guest

I make this, my first ever post, with my tail firmly between my legs. After 25 years of "I'll get around to it", the time has to admit that I probably won't.

I am seeking anything from a firm recommendation to overheard gossip for a shop that can put all the parts of a mostly dis-assembled 73 2002 back into one more or less cohesive assembly. Extra points earned if said shop is close to the Dallas-Ft Worth area.

The Garage Queen has been stationary, but indoors, since '86, only 81k. Needs painting (malaga if you must know) & re-assembly, not reclamation. Not looking to win Pebble Beach with it, just to put it back on the road again & be able to show up at a local chapter meeting in it.

I will heed Mike Miller's advice and will double my budget ahead of time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,

John in VA

Bimmerdan

If you can load the parts onto a trailer and haul it down to Austin, I'm sure Terry Sayther could put it back together for you.