Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

renewing problem!!

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by MaloventEvil, Apr 7, 2008.

MaloventEvil guest

Hello,

Every time that I try to renew my membership (I have already linked my membership to my forum account), I get this error:

Code:
    Server Error in '/subscriptions' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this ASAP as I want to renew online :)

Bill Howard

While we work on this glitch, if you want to get your membership renewed as quickly as possible, call the club office at 864-250-0022 and you'll be taken care of just in couple minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

MaloventEvil guest

I just wanted to post a follow up, and say that I tried the online renewal again today and it worked.

Thanks,
    Aurash

Bill Howard

The database of member information is kept separate and secure from the website. The two are connected by a secure virtual private network. (VPN.) We lost the link between the two over the weekend and that's why you couldn't renew. The code you cut and pasted is the website saying, "Hey, where'd everybody go? Hello?" Again, I'm sorry this kept you from renewing right away. We're looking at ways to make the link even more stable and still be secure.