Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Rejected my new vehicle....

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by innhitman, Aug 27, 2008.

innhitman guest

I just had a potentially bad experience turn out great and without ANY trouble.

I picked up a brand new '08 535xi last Friday. Upon driving the car home, there was white smoke coming from the car. I noticed this when I got home and shut off the car. There was also a smell that was not normal.

The next day I called the dealership to inform them of the situation(Paul Miller BMW in NJ).

The thought it might be just the normal smell that you might get as a car breaks in for a day or so.

Well, it continued through the weekend... I noticed on Sunday (when I was closing the passenger side door for my daughter there was white smoke coming from under the passenger side of the car. I parked it until Monday... drove it to the dealer.... and was told there was a problem that needed repair and they needed to order the parts.

After thinking about it for a few hours and consulting with friends, I decided to reject the vehicle.

I went back to the dealer and faced NO PROBLEMS at all in rejecting the vehicle. On Tuesday night I received a brand new vehicle. This could have been very bad.... but they took care of the situation without my having to ask twice.

I was always happy with Paul Miller BMW. Now they have a friend long term!!!

Their new facility is great and the staff there rates among the highest.

az3579

What location is the dealer for those who would like to purchase from them?

innhitman guest

Paul Miller BMW, Wayne, NJ. On Rte 23 South. My salesman was named Jerzy.

bl335i08 guest

Bluestar guest

:eek:

It sounds like they stepped up to the plate on this one; glad to hear it and good luck with the car!

innhitman guest

I'm not sure how hard I was listening, but I think they said broken gasket for the turbo line. Both needed to be ordered and replaced. It's all jumbo jumbo to me.