Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

recapturing my youthful passion: BMW's

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by frstevec, Feb 21, 2014.

frstevec

Greetings,
    I am Steve; 74 years old and owner of 1995 BMW 525it with 242k miles. I also have a donor car BMW 1995 525i manual 210k miles. My first BMW was a tan 1600 many years ago; I loved that thing.
    Now that I am retired and have time I decided to return to my first love. So, I am in the midst of repairing and updating and converting the touring for a manual dd. So far I have rebuilt the front suspension except for springs, shocks and mounts. I can't decide between the non adj Koni and Billstein; whether or not to replace springs - I would like an inch drop but not enough to spend $$$.

I have justed started the removal of parts from the donor.

I have lots of questions but am trying to do searches before asking; but I do hope for some inputs from experienced hands. Thanks. Steve

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums!

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums good luck with the build!

Dragkar

Welcome to the club! If you could make some pics and keep us posted, that would be great! ;) Good luck with your project!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! Sounds like you're going to fit right in with the inmates of Ward W!

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome, and you are doing a public service by bringing a touring back o life with a three pedal transmission. I hope you will share some updates and photos of this project!