Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Ready to trade in my E32 750iL for a new M3

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by FrankF, Jan 10, 2012.

AugustneverEnds 1988 325iS, 1989 750iL

Thanks MGarrison. I would follow your suggestion if I did not suffer from the syndrome known as Cheapness which prevents from using cash, check or credit to buy an iPod and replace the 10 year old in dash CD player in my E30 325is. ;)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Amen to that! I got an iPod by default when Kelly bought an iPhone. And until Calabrese installed a DICE unit in my Z4, I got by via burning playlists onto CDs with iTunes. I still think that for my purposes, that's as useful as anything else---and it doesn't cost anything!

MGarrison

Yah, that's another way to go too -

August, if you have a lot of time, money & effort invested in the cd collection you've amassed, you can appreciate the downsides of having some part of the collection out on the road, as it were, particularly if some cd that's no longer easily attainable becomes lost, damaged, or stolen. If you can hack the cost of cd blanks, and don't mind taking the time, perhaps at least it would be worthwhile to dub copies to play in the car of anything not easily replaced that you play frequently. A cd blank and using your computer likely would be a lot less expensive than whatever it might cost to replace a favorite cd.

Of course, another way to look at it - by the time you've worn out your cd's, you'll be deaf anyway and it won't matter any longer! :p