Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

RagtopSL

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ragtopsl, Oct 18, 2023.

ragtopsl

Good afternoon everyone. This is my first post. I’m not as young as the rest of you ladies & gentlemen. I’m 73 and I’m currently driving a 2021 X3 M40i I leased her new and will be purchasing off lease I just really enjoy the power of the B58 engine. I don’t drive that much so my mileage is very low 2800 miles in three years. My first BMW was back in 1981 a 320i. Back then it was a standard transmission and I just loved driving.hardly ever used my brakes would down shift into a turn and up shift out. Not use to using my paddles. Keep looking for my clutch pedal. I will be having many questions about extending my warranty ( since I found out all BMW warranty’s are third party. I think the end of lease purchase is set up to funnel business to their dealers, so the can tack on extra charges and bang you on the financing. My Residual is only $34.000. They are selling X3M40i’s like mine for $52,000 on their lot. Told dealer if he want me to turn in I want $10,000 towards my new car. He’s thinking it over . So he says. Anyway I very excited to be part of your club. But I’ll need your help a lot. If you don’t mind. Have a great day Ladies and Gentlemen.
    Burt
    m2mac likes this.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums Burt! Be sure to dig up your local chapter's website, check their social media, calendar, etc for local meetings & get-togethers!