Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

production numbers for 1982-85 baur models

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by jacksbimmer, Nov 19, 2009.

jacksbimmer guest

i have a 1983 323i baur and was wondering where i can find total production numbers for all the 3 series baurs built. thanks for any help.

BMWCCA1

That might be a bit difficult since:

1). none were officially imported to the USA so no one at BMW NA would be much help

2). At that point Baur would still take your BMW and "convert" it, which was actually the intended purpose of the Top-Cabrio design. (We even arranged for a customer picking up a Tourist Delivery E30 leave it at Baur for the conversion after picking it up from BMW and, after the conversion, it was shipped back to the USA through normal BMW European Delivery channels.) Many European BMW dealers sent their stock BMWs to Baur for the conversion and there won't be a record of those.

3). Baur doesn't seem to care about their records, heritage, or vintage vehicles-even before the family gave up control.

I suppose Mobile Tradition (oops, BMW Classic) might be your only hope, but they'll likely only be aware of those done by Baur but sold by BMW.

Good luck

eam3

BMWCCA1

That's as good a guess as any though round-numbers in such stats always throw a red flag for me.

And the original poster was asking about a broader model-year range than just the E21 though maybe that was unintentional. :confused: