Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

PPF/Professional Ceramic Coating - Cquartz Finest Reserve? Others?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by rossodio, Nov 18, 2020.

rossodio

I have been looking into various options for the factory order car that I will be receiving early next year (Shadowline M340i from Munich to USA in Dravit Grey Individual/Cognac interior!) insofar as maintenance of paint, etc. The car will be outside when I am parked at work and outside at home (for now; will likely end up with a garage in the somewhat near future). Based on the way that I care for my car, I am firmly convinced that PPF with overlying ceramic coating will be the best option for me insofar as the paint. I want to have it done right the first time by someone who knows what they are doing and with a high end product, even if it means at high cost. I expect to pay up to a few thousand dollars to have this done. I may have the detailers who do it also do leather and other interior surface protection, etc.

I have found it very, very difficult to get commentary on comparisons of various professionally installed ceramic coatings. From what I have found, CQuartz Finest Reserve seems to be a legitimately very durable coating (which is important to me; I expect to drive this car for 5+ years, maybe closer to 10 if I fall in love with it) that also looks good, and is what I am leaning towards at this point. I am reading 6 years is a reasonable expectation with that particular coating. However, I would like to get opinions on other coatings that may be as durable or moreso and look good that might have some advantage over the Finest Reserve. Any thoughts or opinions on this?