Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Power Upgrade 08 335I 6 speed

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by bobgto, May 1, 2013.

bobgto guest

Any suggestions on what upgrades to use for more power? I was told that a air cleaner kit and computer module(or what ever term for computer upgrade) would add 80 hp to it. I also still have the certified used car warranty that I would still like to keep.

charlson89

There are a lot of choices out there for upgrades to the N54 engine. AFE intakes, to free flow exhaust to flashable tunes. It all really depends on what you wanna do with your car and how much you wanna spend. Do you have a BMW extended warranty such as CPO or with an aftermarket company? If you have an aftermarket company you would have to read there disclaimer about modifying the vehicle and how it effects your warranty. If it's a BMW warranty then also as aftermarket part doesn't cause the failure in any way then it won't effect your warranty. Be warned I did have a person ruin there DME (digital motor electronics module) from a JB4 programmer and he had CPO but we could not cover that item because of the JB4 kit and he had to buy a DME $3,000 dollar repair so be careful.

floydarogers

The easiest thing is to buy the Performance Package ECU reprogramming from your BMW dealer; 20 hp and 30 lf-lbs IIRC. And fully warranted by BMW.

robc1976

Depends on what you want but I would go with either a JB4 G5 ISO and/or Cobb. I went crazy with my modding but I am not under warranty,I however was FBO with a warranty but had to take a lot of things off for warranty claims.

robc1976

Did they install it wrong, that is almost un heard of?? That is crazy! That would suck.

charlson89

Not sure what happened but it killed the DME for some of the injectors. First time I have ever heard of this kit causing any issues.

robc1976

me to, almost seems like maybe a wire shorted something out....crazy and a huge fix!