Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Playing Pandora with BMW apps

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by mrglock, Sep 11, 2017.

mrglock

I was recently playing Pandora, with the cable connected to the USB, and experienced an issue. My iPhone 7 plus will not stay connected, in the BMW apps, and I kept having to reconnect to the vehicle. It would only play approximately 1-2 songs and then disconnect. Anyone have suggestion? (2013 e92 M3)

charlson89

If you can try updating your KISU software. You will need a blank flash drive then go to Bmw.com/update. There is a place to enter the last 7 of the vin and will lead to a download page. There you can save the file to the usb. Then take the usb to the car and plug into the USB port in there center console and go to settings menu in the idrive and select software update. If that doesn't work restart your phone and make sure software on the phone is fully updated. I know BMW has been having trouble with the 10.3.3 software in our cars so hopefully they will have it fixed with ios11.
    mrglock likes this.

mrglock

Sweet, will do and advise if fixes the issue. Thanks!

mrglock

I did the update however that did not fix the issue. Let's hope iOS 11 has a cure. )-:

charlson89

Have you tried with the iOS 11 yet to see if it has improved. I know the new iOS pandora update hasn't come yet.

mrglock

I've learned not to jump on the iOS updated as soon as they are pushed out. I'm trying to wait for iOS 11.1 hahahaha. Thanks for checking.

charlson89

I under stand that!

mrglock

I updated to iOS 11 however this did not change the connection issue with the app.

charlson89

Just a random question are you using a apple white cable or after market one or adapter. It does make a difference. Also have you tried using another iPhone with pandora to see if it does the same thing?

mrglock

I’m using the Apple white cable not after market. I will try my wife’s phone. I works via Bluetooth flawlessly however that drains the phone battery rapidly.

mrglock

Dear M. D.,
    BMW responded to your review of

BMW Connected
    BMW
    "Hi mrglock. Sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty connecting to your vehicle. There is a known issue in iOS 11 affecting Bluetooth connectivity, but we’re in contact with Apple and hope to have the issue resolved soon. -BMW Connected Team"

charlson89

That doesn't surprise me at all with BMW and apple having issues.