Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Petit Le Mans - A Dead Man Experience

Discussion in 'Pro Racing' started by mrsbee, Oct 23, 2012.

mrsbee

Alright, I have to admit. I was at the Petit Le Mans, but wasn't able to tout the RLL banner quite as high as I would have liked to, I was too busy.

I got the unique privileged of being part of a real live pit crew as a "Dead Man" (obviously, they haven't had an uprising of females that have held that position that have complained about gender bias). The Dead Man is the assistant to the Fueler, the one that pulls the lever and makes the fuel release from the tank into the hose and winding up in the tank of the car. It was a thrill, it was a rush, it was exhausting.

Seeing the race from the hot pits, all ten hours of it, was an incredibly amazing experience. The one thing I did miss was being able to see the race from one of my favorite vantage points, the turn 10 complex. Oh well, I got to see live timing and scoring, fuel my race car and participate in a victory celebration afterwards (I was part of TRG, which was kind of a sleeper until the last ten laps then we went nuts!!)

Don't fret, I did get a second to meet with my SECOND favorite BMW driver and rub elbows with my favorite retiring Motor Sports Manager (more on that some other time)

Hope everyone enjoys the pics! jorg.jpg deadman.jpg

Attached Files:

MGarrison likes this.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Okay, I'm officially jealous. How did you manage to swing that gig?

MGarrison

Ok miss rock star, that is just way too freakin' cool! Will look forward to more of the story! ;)

mrsbee

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

Very cool! Congrats on a great experience!

mrsbee