Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

OEM alarm system for '07 Z4 3.0si coupe (E86).

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by Eric and Jess, Jun 5, 2014.

Eric and Jess

Hello, we have a 2007 Z4 3.0si coupe that from the window sticker says it's prewired for the alarm. We would like to add one to it and would rather go with an original BMW unit so as not to have an extra fob with the key, etc. On the dealer websites they only list units that are for the roadster and not the coupe. Any idea what the difference is and would it interchange with the coupe? Any other ideas on alarm set ups for the E86? My dealer seems to be confused by this also; as they said they can get one for the coupe, but the kit doesn't come with the correct brackets and they are now unavailable (even from Germany). Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Eric and Jess.

MGarrison

Seems kinda obscure to hope for luck on EBay... maybe call the salvage/used parts places that advertise in the Roundel, see if by chance they have any scrapped E86's that might have had what you're looking for?

charlson89

Probably true about the dealer not being able to get one. After a certain amount of time aftersales stops selling equipment for cars. The only thing I could see different for the e85 to the e86 is the interior sensor being different because of the convertible. But I highly doubt there is a difference here is the part number for the kit.
    P/N 65 73 0 302 424

Eric and Jess

Many thanks for the replies. The research will continue.
    Cheers,
    Eric and Jess.