Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Newbie from Tulsa, OK-E30 content

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by z31maniac, Nov 26, 2008.

z31maniac guest

Hello all, finally got around to getting my BMWCCA membership (had the E30 delivered to me back in March).

My name is Buddy, currently I'm a Technical Writer for L3 Communications, Westwood Corporation.

I decided to buy a "fun car" to build up after a nasty off at Hallett on my sportbike, Grade 3 concussion + a couple months of Post Concussion Syndrome and 18 months later a still numb upper right thigh. So I decided on a boxy sedan, as I have always loved the lines of the E30 and Datsun 510.

The car is an '88 Bronzit with now 127k miles, purchased with about 121k. The car currently has the GC track kit with Koni SA's, Eibach sways, Sparco strut bar, GC control arm bearings, GC camber plates, Zimmerman X-drilled rotors and Axxis pads and a Dinan chip (these were all on the car when I purchased it) along with ho-hum BMP RS-1 body kit, but at least it isn't diving boards!

Here is a pic of the car the day after it was delivered from Florida.

[IMG]

Here is the car as it looks now, its awfully dirty in this pic. This was after a near 900 mile roundtrip from Stillwater to Shreveport, LA and back to get an all black leather sport interior for the car.

[IMG]

As you can see the 16 x7 SSR comps were ditched for 17 x 8 Works Emotion CR-Kais, mainly for better street tire selection. The car is currently wearing some cheap Nexen 215/40/17s until spring, when I'll be putting a nice sticky 235/40/17 all the way around.

The car also has a fresh driveshaft and I swapped out the 3.73 rearend for a 4.10, :D.

FUTURE PLANS:
    In the very near future, I'll be installing the header I have, 19# injectors, MarkD chip and new cat-back. Also new subframe mounts, trailing arm bushings and rear shock mounts. Then a BBK up front, rebuilt calipers and fresh rotors/pads out back, then....................

Long enough introduction post?

JackinMidtown guest

Welcome, after a 15 year hiatus from BMWs, I'm sorta new, too. And, btw, E30s rule! :D

Vmo guest

I love the e30's. If I could afford (to maintain) one of the m's I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Very nice car!