Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to the forum.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Turb02, Mar 12, 2008.

Turb02 guest

Hi all,
    I am new here but not to BMW's. I have owned a 85 318 auto, a 95 325is that I did a 3.2 OBD I swap into with a 3.5 MAF, 24 lb injectors, all the suspension goodies, and wheels of course. I now own a 75 BMW 2002 that I am in the process of rebuilding the motor for a turbo application using a HX35 off a cummins diesel and doing a 5 speed swap along with all the suspension goodies and some sort of flare or widebody kit. My daily driver is a Hellrot 95 M3 that I picked up a few months ago with Koni adjustables and UUC swaybars on it along with a Dinan knockoff CAI and I installed a custom exhaust.

Glad to be on the BMWCCA board. I have lived on bimmerforums, e30tech.com and the 2002faq for quite some time and figured what the hell, why not one more forum.

bimmerque

Welcom:D to the club!

Sean

Welcome! This is my first post too. :D

teddyt30 guest

Hello, Intruducing myself. plus Saftey story

Hi, I am 32 years old. Since I was 16 years old I drove a 85' BMW 524td that I picked up for cheap at a nissan dealer, this car lasted me to 200,000 miles or so. It had 60,000 when I bought it. Than I bought a 2001' 325i. This car saved my life. I was stopped waiting to make a left turn. There was a pick-up truck in front of me about a cars length away and a mini-van infront of the pick-up truck. I had no seat belt on, my airbags didn't go off when this other pick-up rear ended me at 55 miles an hour. Pushed me with enough force to let the front of my car go undreneath the pick-up in front of me and made the mini-van infront of it get hit. I walk out safley, I was 25 or 26 at the time and the officer started to yell and curse at me. Nice POLICE officers aren't easy to find all the time!!!!! To make a long story short, my friend at the body shop said that if I was in a different car I'd be dead. I took the insurance money and bought my self a 2002 325i brand new and have been driving it ever since. I don't think I will ever purchase another car but a BMW!!!!!! Now it has lass than 50,000 miles and is running great. I might upgrade next year and go pick one up in Germany. Lots of people are doing it this way I hear. Good luck with the 2002ti and I will talk to you all later.

teddyt30 :D