Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Old Guy

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jayse36, May 8, 2012.

jayse36

Hello! I'm new to this forum -- and glad to have found it -- but not new to BMW. Name's John, but my friends call me Jay. I'm a long time member of the BMWCCA, Boston chapter, having just gotten my ten year pin. I've had five Bimmers: an E30 318i, an E36 325i (hence my screen name), an E34 525iT, an E46 325xiT and my current dd, an E34 530i. It's that last car, the E34 530, that has really got me fired up about all things BMW again.

It's a 1994 5-speed manual that I purchased from a club member in Brooklyn. It had 101,xxx miles, and only 24K miles on the Alusil engine. It was lovingly cared for and reluctantly sold, and I was lucky to have found it. It's Iceland Green over Parchment, with deep tint glass, shadowline trim, upgraded 17-inch wheels, Dinan Stage One suspension, a Jim Conforti chip, and a modern sound system. Very clean in and out. It's a hoot to drive, and it gets admiring looks from other drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians almost everywhere I go. While I enjoy reading about the new models, and I kind of like the looks of the F10 Fiver, I still plan for this to be my last car. When the New England weather eventually does it in, I want to take it to Kormann for restoration/rebirth as a 540i/6.

Anyway, I joined to learn a little about DIY mechanical stuff, and detailing, as well as for the fun of general BMW talk. Looking forward to learning my way around, and maybe meeting some of you at an event one of these days.

MGarrison

Welcome to the forums, Jay!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Amen to that welcome! You'll find many who share your love of the E34. . . though my affections in that regard run to the M5 we had for One Lap 1992!