Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Member in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by gotmilk?, Nov 25, 2012.

gotmilk?

I bought a new 328 in July. It was time for an upgrade in the car dept. and I did a lot of research, read a lot of reviews, talked to a lot of people. I took many test drives (Acura, Audi, Mercedes, and Lexus). Like with any major purchase I expected buyer's remorse to take hold. After just a couple of drives the epiphany hit; "Now I get it, I realize why people drive this car". I knew things would come up I would have questions about and what better place to find subject matter experts than here?
    I love cars, and I like them to look good. I think an entire day spent detailing the car, listening to the radio, and drinking coffee is very relaxing. My efforts get down to the toothbrush and toothpick stage. I'm the guy that can spot a dime-sized missed spot of wax from across the parking lot.
    I was expecting the handling and quickness to be what it was, but I was not expecting the gas mileage to be so good. Golf scores, fish stories, and dating all have one thing in common; exaggeration. This is no joke, 33 city, 41 hwy. The onboard computer said this, but I checked it at the pump and it's true. That's in comfort not ECO mode, auto shutoff disabled (man, that feature is so annoying).
    Anyway I'm looking forward to learning a lot and reading your posts and stories.

dschultz 07 Z4 M Coupe

Welcome! That is great mileage. Even my Mini "only" gets 36 mpg on the highway (granted, it's at 80mph).

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

That kind of mileage is very impressive. Also sounds like you will fit in well with the concours crown around here!

Welcome to the group!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yes, you've inspired me! I promise to clean off that @#$! brake dust any day now!