Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member in NC tar heel chapter

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JackE30, Aug 6, 2012.

JackE30

Hello all, I'm jack. I've been a BMW fan for two years now. Im only fifteen and I bought an E30 89 325i 5 speed when I was 13 for $925. Funny story, I didn't even like BMW at the time. I was just trying to get any car for under $1000. Now my life revolves around BMW. I'm fifteen now and will get my liscense in January. Now my e30 is almost completely restored; new paint, all new plastic trim, new lights, valves adjusted, performance intake, new rubber hoses, performance chip, detailed/painted engine, stage 3 racing springs, bilstein sport shocks, changed all fluids, stainless braided brake and clutch lines, new master and slave cylinder and still working today. I have to tackle interior next but it's coming along great. I am very glad I stumbled upon such a great thing. The car has 167k miles and screams! It is so much fun to drive and happily goes to redline. I am looking forward to attending some events when I get my license. Btw anyone got any ideas for a car? It obviously has to be a BMW. I really liked the 135i but I feel compelled to have a ///M car. I've got around 23k to spend.

mrsbee guest

I'm impressed that a 15 year old has 23k to spend. I may die before I ever have that sort of allowance.

Welcome Jack, you're lucky to live in a great state, chock full of windy roads!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum, young man! She means winding roads, not windy!

What exactly do you want to DO with this ride?! So far it sounds like a pretty good track rat to me!

JackE30

What exactly do you want to DO with this ride?! So far it sounds like a pretty good track rat to me![/quote]

I'm not exactly sure yet. I think an engine swap might be a bit to difficult for me. Maybe full restoration or have a track rat and get an e30 m3 as a daily driver :)