Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bschmidt25, Aug 17, 2012.

bschmidt25

Hi All-

New member from Milwaukee, WI here. Becoming BMWCCA members has been overdue for us. We bought a '01 E39 touring four years ago and have driven all over the country with it. Last week we took home a '07 530xi to supplement the E39. We're loving it so far. Figured it's time to get to know other BMW nuts like us. Looking forward to meeting you!

Bryan Schmidt

MGarrison

Congrats & welcome to the club! :)

charlson89

Nice to meet you Bryan!

mrsbee guest

Awesome, totally awesome. I am a Wisconsin girl myself, living in South Carolina at the time... Actually I'm heading do the Dairyland tomorrow! I'm pretty stoked about going back to my homeland and taking un a Brewers game

Welcome to the club, it's pretty great most of the time, and hopefully you will share some tales!

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome! Hope you will share some "on the road with your e39" photos and stories.

BimmerFan

Hello Fellow Bimmer Fans! My name is Rick and I am from the Fox Valley Area. I am a new guy on the block, but wanted to find a BMW community both online and local.

I am a BMW fan probably because of the history and some of the unique models, and of course "the feel" that only comes from driving the Ultimate Driving Machine! :) Several years ago I bought my first BMW, a 1992 5 series that is still in the family. Since then, I knew that if I had to drive a car, I wanted it to be a BMW.

My most recent project is a newly acquired E34 M5 from 1991. Hopefully the pic shows up here.

Screen Shot 2012-09-16 at 3.58.57 PM.png

I am looking at doing a fair amount of work over time to the M5. It looks good, but the previous few owners put miles on without much work underneath. Leaky transmission and engine. SLS shocks need to be replaced and some front end work and possibly steering as well. The headliner has pretty much fallen down, and the blower motor needs replacing. A/C inop and just a ton of little things that need attention. Probably needs complete replacement of the exhaust system too.

Thankfully it runs well and my local shop looked it over and said it seemed to be in good shape for the miles. The body has no rust and the interior is in good shape which is a big plus.

So, I look forward to sharing more as things progress!

Happy Driving~

MGarrison

Get yourself a Bentley manual, Rick, sounds like you'll be finding that useful.

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/bm...bmw-5-series-e34-1989-1995-repair-manual.html

It appears to be on sale from Bavauto.com at the moment, $53.95 (full retail from Bentley, just under $90.00). With the M5 motor being different, the Bentley manual will not have procedures for some things, (I think valve adjustment is entirely different, for instance) but it's likely E28.com or other sources can offer up additional insight.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to both o' youse guys! Enjoy the asylum---you have the run of the grounds!