Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New BMW 2008 335xi Owner!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by VertigoFlyer, Jun 19, 2008.

VertigoFlyer guest

Hey folks,

I am Rick Lamb from Snoqualmie WA and my wife Nancy & I just bought a 2008 BMW 335xi!! Oh MY Gawd doesn't even come close to how we feel about this amazing machine! BMW's catch phrase of "Ultimate Driving Machine" proves true every time we get behind the wheel! I've always dreamed of such a car and owning it is even better than my dreams!!

Keeping the RPM's below 4500 has been "difficult" but so far I've only blown past it a couple times and only a few 100 over. I aim for 4000 RPM now to avoid repeating a blow past 4500.

Our 335xi includes the following:

Sport Package with steptronic transmission and paddle shifters
    Premium Package with Navigation, HD Radio and Sirius Radio
    Cold Weather Package
    18 inch open spoke rims (look nice and are EASY to clean) and the Bridgestone run flat tires that some seem to dislike (I've yet to push it hard enough to pass opinion)
    iPod adapter - wow is that cool or what?
    Alarm System - why doesn't BMW include an alarm system??? We had to special order that. Seems odd in this day and age...
    It also includes an "Increased Top Speed Limiter" although of course I don't know "yet" exactly what the top speed actually is.....1200 miles cannot come fast enough....Along with some wide open road.

You can go here to see a picture of our new ride: Gunther!! If ya didn't go look it's Monaco Blue with Black Leather Interior.

We named our new ride "Gunther". We did a LOT of research on what car we would buy and in doing that we found Youtube to have LOTS of video car reviews. This one REALLY sold us on the 335xi: Youtube Review of the 335xi Well so did DRIVING the 335xi!! LOL

We are both soooo thrilled to own a BMW!! "Ultimate Driving Machine" for sure!!

Anyway thanks for reading my post and I look forward to many fun miles in our new ride - Gunther!!

Rick Lamb