Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Multiple Malfiunctions on (2006 330i)

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by patb2390, Mar 23, 2008.

patb2390

My brother just sent my a pic of his display center on his 330i and it had multiple malfunction messages. He has lost DSC, Cruise control and a few other things. I've attached a pic he sent me. Sorry for it being a little blurry as this was taken with his cellphone while driving home. I've read in other posts that this could be related to a battery issue. Could this be the case as well? He will take it to the dealer tomorrow to have them take a look.

Attached Files:

Rene325ci guest

When i bought my 325ci it had a bad alternator and this caused a check engine light as it wore down the battery. BMW is a energy dependent little car. Have him check if it is charging and if the battery is any good. I know the car is an '06 but in Florida a battery can croak in 2 years due to the heat. But mind you these are wild guesses, with out doing check out on the Vehicle.

patb2390

Thanks for the info, I'll update on what the dealer tells my brother when he brings it in tomorrow.

patb2390

My brother called me up last night with an update. When he got home he turned off and then restarted the car and all the error messages had disappeared. He's still taking it in to the dealer today to have them look into this issue.

dmason2002

With the exception of "low washer fluid"., those warnings all appear to be from the stability control module, there will be a stored fault which will lead to a diagnosis plan for the tech, too many potential causes to try to guess.

patb2390

On what they found out on my brothers 330i, the dealer had to recalibrate the steering angle sensor and then they recharged his battery

snikwad guest

the ghost errors. hahaha i was just about to say turn it off for a while and turn it back on.
    my 99 did similar tricks on me a few weeks ago. Apparently this happens quite a bit to our cars too.