Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Many small paint nicks in hood

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Patch13, Aug 22, 2018.

Patch13

I have a 2006 325i which I have running well (new water pump, replaced valve cover gaskets, pads and rotors, etc.) with 64K miles and I love to drive. I recently noticed about a dozen small chips in the paint of the hood (it is the "jet black" - 668? standard paint). They seemed to have popped up recently. I don't see nay sign of clear coat problems, just chipped paint down to the grey primer. Is this something happens to the paint on these cars? I think have two options. Fix each chip with touch-up (Dr. Colorchip), but I am worried that there is some paint issue going on and I wonder how lots of small filled chips will look. The other option would be to have a body shop repair it - but I don't know how much that would cost. Thoughts?

charlson89

I would price it with a body shop you might be surprised how much it costs to paint a hood. I have had two complete bumpers painted for 700 before.
    Patch13 likes this.