Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M3 Convertible

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by kfl, May 11, 2008.

kfl guest

I had a chance to drive an M3 convertible Saturday. As it only had 28 miles on it, I was a good boy and took it easy, but it was sweet!!!!!!

Now we are thinking of ordering one and having a German delivery and did not see that much info on the BMW NA site so I'm asking for any guidence and opinions from those of you who have done this.

Thanks <<Ken>>

lugnut guest

I was going to use the Euro delivery on my coupe, but the plummeting value of the dollar, combined with the torture of driving the car, then waiting for it to arrive by boat was simply too much for me to deal with.

kfl guest

I'm beginning to think the same thing as I have walking difficulties and most of the good things are at the top of stairs it seems. Probably will opt for a Spartenburg SC delivery though!!!!!!!!! Just 6 hours down the road.

CryNoMo guest

kfl guest

Yes saw it, but it is not without problems. Doesn't show DCT and also has problems updating correctly. Will just keep checking it as it'll be fine one of these days!!!!

kfl guest

Right now, this is no longer available, looks like BMW recognized that they had some problems.

lugnut guest

I checked one out at JMK BMW (my local dealer) yesterday. Silver with Black leather and brushed al. trim. Sticker price was $74k (compared to $68k for my coupe). Frankly, I think BMW overpriced this car once they put the folding hard top on it. The roof takes up nearly the entire trunk, and costs much more than the E46's ragtop. The price tag + tax, doc, etc puts this puppy near $85k in some places, and if you are out west or in Florida you get to plop down "market fees" on top of that.

For $85k I'll take a 911S.