Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

LG Dare--anyone try it yet?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by debbis, Jul 9, 2008.

debbis guest

I need to get a new phone. I am considering the LG Dare. Has anyone successfully paired this yet? Since this is an upgrade of sorts of the Voyager, I'm guessing it will work.

cliffporz guest

LG Dare does work

I just set it up with my 2006 530xi; it uploaded my contact list flawlessly. Have not tried voice commands yet

CWINMA guest

I believe ANY newer phone with bluetooh will pair....

Jonathan Spira guest

Pairing is meaningless. The ability to pair is not even indicative as to whether you can even then make a phone call.

I suggest you read this set of articles for further into.

Lori S guest

The DARE paired fine with my 335i but I got rid of the phone because I couldn't stand it.
    I ended up with an ENV2.

Devilsown guest

I DARE you to get another one... :D

dako66 guest

I originally could not even pair the DARE to my 05 325xi. I then wnet to the VZ store and got latest SW update and could pair the phone but now it doesn't stop loading my phone book. I suspect the problem is with the TCU/ULF or whatever it is called. I was able to pair my old Razr V3 and my wife's Motorola W385.

At this point I am lost and assume that I will not be able to use my DARE with my car. It is not really a big deal because this car is not my daily driver.

Good Luck

Dave

Jonathan Spira guest

No, the problem would be with the Dare.