Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Leather Touch up

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by thefedexer, Mar 8, 2010.

thefedexer guest

I was just wondering if there is a leather color match touch up that can repair worn spots on Leather seats.

John in VA

fmanke

You might want to try Leather World Technologies from Roanoke Virginia.
    www.LeatherWorldTech.com (504) 265 9037.

They are very good in selling leather products to repair leather that needs to be filled from tears,or holes. They can also match the dye color of the leather. It will involve sending a small piece of leather sample from the bottom of the seat. That can be a little tough but is worth getting a perfect match. The kit costs about $55.00 for small repairs and enough leather dye to recolor worn areas. I was really pleased with the results. I used it on my 98 Z-3 roadster convertible where part of the drivers seat was worn, and to bring back some of the color that was faded. The dye color was dark blue.

I live in Minnesota, and I use a lot of leather conditioner on my leather interior. It can soak up a lot of conditioner. It makes the leather very soft, and it won't crack or become hard.