Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Keeping zee wheels clean - this stuff is the BEST!!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by drummerfc, May 10, 2010.

drummerfc

OK, those of us non-newbies to the BMW brand who have been driving one for a while know the scourge of brake-dust, etc. that conspire against keeping our wheels clean, almost as soon as you turn off the hose and put away the cleaning products. Or, maybe it's my driving/braking ;):cool: !!

Anyway, I found something that works GRRREAT and keeps the wheels cleaner longer. Perhaps you all have heard of it but it not, consider this a suggestion...it's called "Keep Clean Wheel" by Eagle One. 18 Fl. OZ,. available pretty cheaply at Pep Boys.

I gotta tell-ya - this stuff WORKS! :D Right after washing the car, you spray the wheels completely - full coverage is important here - and let them dry @10-15 mins. before driving. It's really that simple. It keeps brake dust, road dirt, other wheel dirtying scourges away from your wheels for up to 2 weeks.

Apex000

I'm currently using that product and it works pretty well . It doesn't last two weeks, it's good for a week at most.

ForcedInduction guest

Drummerfc-

You wait two weeks to wash your car? :D

drummerfc

Ohhh, a wisenhiemer, eh?? Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck!! :D

It all depends, the weather here in the Northeast is pretty darn finicky...:mad: Sometimes one doesn't get the chance for 2 wks...

drummerfc

I spray them twice...maybe they don't stay completely clean for 2 wks but they look MARKEDLY better after 2 weeks than without! :eek:

It is a great product...I've tried almost everything and this is the best I've found.

Apex000

Very true.

ForcedInduction guest

I use a bucket of car wash soap and water. Works good for me. ;)

JAMAICAN TWIN TURBO guest

That's funny. I just bought this stuff from autozone. I have to agree with you it works very well,until it decides to rain. Damn Northeast.

bluewagon

Cleen Wheels

I know it's tough to live in the Northeast, I used to live there. Mass. I now live in Florida. I found a product called http://www.wetpaintglaze.com I started using it in March of 09. My car has not been washed since then. It goes on ALL surfaces. The Car gets dusted with a California Duster. The Wheels get dusted with a Swiffer duster. It is now Love Bug Season so my Bra is on. but the bugs wipe off my windshield. Try it You will like it.
    bluewagon

drummerfc

Smart man! :D Some day I may join you down there...sommmmme daaaaayyyyy...:cool:

Hmmm...I shall check it oot...thanks for the tip.

bluewagon

Cleen Wheels and Car

Go to Wet paint's Web site read all about this great product. Our Daughter lives in Ma. She is using it. Try it
    bluewagon

Armorall wheel protectant

I've using this for some time and it is very good as well. If you've seen their ads on TV, the product works exactly the same.

Brake dust

Folks, the best way to keep your wheels clean is to replace the BMW pads with one of the many other brands of pads available I used Centric pads on my E39 540 for 5 or six years. Living in California, I could go all summer without washing the car or the wheels. They were also more linear than the stock BMW pads.

I now live in Thailand and have a 2010 320d. I am still looking for someone that will ship pads to me here.

Cheers
    Steve Albrecht