Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

J. B. Lewis; Brentwood, TN

Discussion in 'E65/E66 (2002-2008)' started by Lew750, May 1, 2013.

Lew750

Hello, I am a new member but I have been a BMW driver for a few years now. I like the ride and the design of the autos. Looking forward to reading information posted on BMW. I own a 1994 740 iL; 2002 745 Li and a 2010 750 Li; yes I like the big car luxury.

I do have a question that I have not been able to find a solution. The 2002 745 Li has a problem with the transmission when it down shifts or when turning a corner and it has to up shift. I am getting a rough shift or a hard jerk. Sometimes it feel like I have been rear ended. The dealer has tried installing the latest software and the coupling with no improvement. I have a shop that is recommending that I try flushing the transmission fluid out with new fluid. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? Will the transmission fluid flush help or hurt? Other then the shifting problem the car drives great.

charlson89

What do you mean coupling are you talking about the guibo/ flex disc? Also when they updated the programming did they reset EGS adaptations? Of course check the normal things as well just as transmission fluid level and condition. Maker sure its not black/ smells burnt or has metal flakes in it. Welcome to the club and please keep us informed on your trans issue.