Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Is a 01 325xi worth 10,500

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by crap4acar, May 16, 2009.

crap4acar guest

I had previously posted today about a recent purchase of an 01 325xi. I think I am going to purchase this vechile, but here is the catch. A friend of the family got in touch with me about 2 weeks ago to let me know he was selling his wife's 325xi. I have know these people for a very long time so I was immediately interisted. These are the type of people you want to buy a used car from. It has only 30,000 miles on it. The downside is I live in Memphis and the car is on Long Island. I have not seen the car in person yet. I am worried about rust from road salt, window seals leaking and everything else you would worry about from a car north of the Mason Dixon. I went to a BMW dealership today to have the VIN ran
    The car has the following packages:
    Premimum Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Auto Trans
    Of course All Wheel Drive
    The service tech did not know exactly what 100% options meant but I guess it means exactly that
    The VIN number is WBAAV33481EE80282

Does this sound like a good buy or not. Also can anyone tell me where the car was made from the VIN. Any comments would be great. PS Any insight on 100% options?

BIMMIR guest

I'd say it's absolutely worth $10,500.

KBB calls for $10,860 private party and $8,925 trade. NADA clean retail is $16,325 and $12,700 trade. In this economy, nobody is probably getting high numbers for anything right now. Still, with the low miles and ownership history, assuming these people take good car of their vehicles and maintain them well, it appears you can't get hurt too badly on this deal.

The only down side I can see, is you'll have to change your user name. It will no longer be true. :)

crap4acar guest

My username will change if this car is bought!