Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

introduction

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by JC3Series, Apr 7, 2010.

JC3Series guest

Hello
    I Just joined up here but have owned my Bimmer (Bim-Mah) for about 10 months now, it is a 03/1999 328IS (E36) in stahl blue "steel blue". Just wanted to get my first post in and introduce myself, i am in the New England area "New Hampshire to be exact" and just basically wanted to say...HI :)
    Thanks
    Josh

OLD PICS

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

John in VA

Welcome! The car looks great with the ZHP wheels. The Boston Chapter is quite active. Have fun!

GSMetal

Welcome, I'm a newbie too! See my Avatar for our car 'James Bond'.

How about some details about your car? Miles? How did you find it?

tiFreak

welcome, don't know if you already knew but in Portsmouth there's a huge BMW store called Bavarian Autosport, you should check them out for parts and upgrades (bavauto.com)

az3579

No it doesn't.
    It looks great with M3 wheels, because that's what it has on. :p

I have to admit, I've never seen a steel blue E36 before! That is a very nice car you've got there.

CRKrieger

They sure don't look like any wheels I've seen on an M3 before. :confused:

tiFreak

they look like replicas of the E46 M3 rims

JC3Series guest

Hey thanks guys. Yea they are E46 Replica rims from what i am thinking is OE Concepts or something of that sort. Seem to be a few companies that make them.
    Well i found my bimmah on craigslist.com , Okay here is a short story. I had a ford focus and had modified it to the point where you would think it was a million dollar car, engine work, slight body, audio, etc. etc. and got tired of it so i Craiglisted the car for trade.

Ended up coming acrross a mustang GT from 1999 and decided to straight trade, title for title. Had that for about a year and after a motor swap and it still running liek garbage i put that one up on CL for the same thing. Found a post a guy had made for a "bmw for trade, for mustang GT" so i said okay let's look. ended up getting some pics going to take a look at it and bam, drove away with my new love. so i found the car i will be settlibng on. that is about it. title for titles. :)

~Car was born in Germany in march of 1999, so does that make it a 99 or 98?
    ~150,100 miles even, as of today.
    ~I only run lubro moly in my car 5-40, run 5-40 due to every other owner before me doing so.
    ~It has a bavauto.com Tuner in it, AFE CAI, ///M tech kit on it "///M3 wannabe" Aftermarket M3 lower grille, Blacked out kidney Grilles, Smoked tails -heads-and all other lights, 6000K HID lights , 3k "yellow" HID fogs, Blacked out rear windows, a few other minor things have been done to it but for most the major majority is still stock.

bcweir

regarding model years

E46's were officially introduced as 1999 models in the USA initially only in sedan form. Coupes and convertibles joined the lineup later. USA got the E46 a year later than the rest of the world.

The BMW E46 is the fourth generation of the 3 Series compact executive cars produced by BMW, produced from 1998 when it succeeded the BMW E36 until it was replaced by the BMW E90 in 2005.

The E46 was released in 1998 to worldwide markets (excluding the United States) in the sedan body style. In 1999, a coupé and touring body style became available to all markets, and the sedan was released in the United States. A convertible and hatchback body style was released in 2000, the latter only for Europe and Australia. The E46 experienced enormous success in all markets and was widely considered the performance benchmark of its class.[1] The record selling year for the E46 chassis was 2002, when 561,249 vehicles were sold worldwide.[2]

from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series_%28E46%29

You likely have what would be considered an early 1999 model.

tiFreak

it would be a 99, when the production date is at the end of the year it always goes up to the next year, not down

JC3Series guest

Okay thank you, I suspected it was something like that. had a buddy of mine making me doubt myself...

JC3Series guest

testing signature"!"!"!

az3579

I think it's working. :cool:

JC3Series guest

It is now :D